This St. Patrick's Day you may or may not be drinking green beer. If you do, you might want to reach for something even greener the next morning. We teamed up with one of Fusion Salon's Hair & Makeup Artists, Mani to get the inside scoop on a healthy, easy-to-make smoothie that is perfect for a mean, green hangover that will make you feel like a pot 'o gold!
- 1 cup Power Greens (baby kale and Spinach)
- Green Tea (2 tbsp of Matcha powder where used, you can also brew 1 cup green tea, chilled
- 1 cup Pineapple (frozen is great, and then you don't have to mess with ice cubes that can water your blend down)
- 1 cup Cilantro
- 1 cup Coconut Water
- 1/2 Lemon (seeded)
- 1 tbsp Fresh Ginger
- 1 tbsp Unrefined, cold pressed, 100% organic pure extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 Cucumber
**Another amazing super food addition is avocado halves. Great at thickening if you use both brewed tea and coconut water, & have tons of health benefits.
1) Cut the lemon and cucumber into rounds or chunks
2) Grate the ginger
3) Throw all ingredients into the blender and puree until smooth
- Kale is rich in vitamins A, C, K and calcium, while spinach is a great source of iron, fiber, and magnesium.
- Matcha or green tea are high in antioxidants, boosts memory and concentration, increases energy levels and endurance, burns calories, detoxifies the body and fortifies the Immune System, lowers the risk of certain cancers, and help prevent heart disease.
- Cilantro is an anti-inflammatory and has digestive benefits
- Coconut Water
suppresses the appetite and makes you feel more full. Also aids in weight-loss efforts, settles your stomach, reduces blood pressure, and boosts hydration and contains electrolytes that make for great a hangover remedy!
- Lemon is a natural flush, is an immune boost, makes your skin happy, and helps maintain a healthy weight.
- Ginger boosts metabolism, helps with circulation, reduces symptoms of arthritis is an anti-inflammatory and antioxidant.
- Coconut Oil
is a superfood that helps brain function, lowers risk of heart disease, helps burn fat, can kill harmful pathogens, bacteria, fungi and viruses, and helps prevent seizures.
- Cucumbers are vitamin and beta-carotene rich, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-cancer benefits.
- Avocados help replenish Liver cells, aids in body absorption of vitamins
- Pineapple aids in digestion, is a source of manganese, has several b vitamins and vitamin C
Mani is wearing John + Jenn Bella Sweater in Ivory | Paige Denim High-rise Bell Canyon Petite in Brady | Sugar lips tank | Pineapple earrings & Crystal Ring by ZAD | Denim? | Lat&Lo necklace | Long Fringe Necklace by New Prospects